We are one of the Virgin Island’s premier general contractors engaging in residential, commercial, institutional, industrial, multi-unit residential, historic restoration projects, and heavy construction. We are looking for a reliable, hardworking Finish Carpenter to complete the finishing touches on trim and carpentry work for various construction projects. You may work on a variety of projects, including cabinet making, framing, decking, crown molding, baseboard installations, and window and door installation to include hardware.
Eligible candidates can expect to perform the following duties:
- Perform finish and trim carpentry work according to plans and specifications
- Measure, cut, and install various fixtures and millwork for doors, windows, ceiling panels, staircases, decking, furniture, etc.
- Erect scaffolding or ladders as needed
- Collaborate with other carpenters, labors, project managers and supervisors to complete projects
- Troubleshoot and repair issues with building components and equipment
- Follow established regulations and advocate for safety on each worksite
To be successful in this role you must possess the following:
- 8 + years of finish carpentry experience
- Proficient in leveling and shimming operations
- Strong attention to detail
- Blueprint reading skills
- Able to use common hand tools and power tools
- Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment and carpentry trade tools
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills
You must also be
- Able to lift to 60 pounds from ground level to waist level and up to 30 pounds to above shoulder level throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Able to stand and walk continuously throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation tasks with both hands.
- Able to climb ladders.
- Able to bend, squat, kneel and crawl.
- Able to work outdoors in wet, muddy, cold, hot, and humid weather.
- Able to demonstrate corrected vision (in both eyes) and acceptable corrected hearing
- Able to lift and perform work above shoulder height
- Able to work on uneven and in confined spaces.
Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation in accordance with our policy and any applicable law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a veteran or any other applicable federal or territorial protected class.