We are one of the Virgin Island’s premier general contractors engaging in residential, commercial, institutional, industrial, multi-unit residential, historic restoration projects, and heavy construction.
We are looking for an experienced Truck Driver to serve our purchasing department in a safe and timely manner. Eligible candidates can expect to perform the following duties:
- Receive daily delivery plan from Purchasing Manager verbally and/or through electronic communication tool
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Drive company vehicle to deliver lumber, building materials, hardware and other building and maintenance supplies to construction sites or places of business.
- Load and unload supplies
- Load vehicle safely and accurately
- Verify order details and maintain receipts
- Collect and organize required paperwork for delivery
- Assist in yard and warehouse with stocking, loading and organizing materials
- Collect or pick up unused products/tools to be returned to warehouse
- Treat all employees and suppliers with courtesy and respect
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the inside and outside of delivery vehicles
- Report to work in provided uniform, daily
- Comply with all traffic guidelines
- Other duties may apply
To be successful in this role you most possess the following:
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a professional truck driver
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good driving record
- Working Cell Phone
- Valid TWIC card is a plus
You must also be
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to climb stairs and ladders, kneel, bend, and stoop.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Able to push, pull, walk/climb various terrains.
Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation in accordance with our policy and any applicable law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a veteran or any other applicable federal or territorial protected class.