Available Position: 1
We are one of the Virgin Island’s premier general contractors engaging in residential, commercial, institutional, industrial, multi-unit residential, historic restoration projects, and heavy construction. We are looking for a competent, working Construction Foreman to coordinate operations and oversee employees at construction sites.
A construction foreman has a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.
Eligible candidates can expect to perform the following duties:
- Coordinating construction work according to priorities and plans
- Producing schedules and monitor attendance of crew
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate
- Allocating general and daily responsibilities
- Supervise and train workers
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Monitor expenditure and ensure it remains within budget
- Resolve problems when they arise
- Report on progress to project manager/supervisor
- Other duties may apply
To be successful in this role you must possess the following:
- 10+ years of general construction experience including a minimum of 5 years Foreman specific experience managing a crew of 4 or more construction workers.
- HS Diploma/GED required
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, and OSHA guidelines
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math
- Problem-solving abilities
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Good physical condition and stamina
Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation in accordance with our policy and any applicable law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a veteran or any other applicable federal or territorial protected class.