Warehouse and Equipment Coordinator
Available Position: 1
We are one of the Virgin Island’s premier general contractors engaging in residential, commercial, institutional, industrial, multi-unit residential, historic restoration projects, and heavy construction. We are looking for an effective Warehouse and Equipment Coordinator to manage our warehouses, fleet, and equipment operations. You will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing, and dispatch of a wide variety of products and tools.
Eligible candidates can expect to perform the following duties:
- Coordinate the maintenance of the truck fleet, heavy equipment, and small tools
- Ensure that stored products are being utilized and know the status and location of all heavy equipment and small tools
- Ensure optimization of products and tools, and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution, and maintenance operations
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security
- Control inventory levels by conducting biweekly physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts to ensure efficient space utilization; inspecting all issued and returned equipment and tools; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Track the records, licenses, inspections, warrantees, and service agreements for the company’s heavy equipment and small tools
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other duties may apply
To be successful in this role you must possess the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2 years of experience in warehouse operations and equipment
- 2 years of experience in inventory controls and reporting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software as required to run reports
- Good analytical skills and ability to make sound judgments relative to inventory
- Experience with inventory management system preferred
- Math and reading skills required to understand manuals and prepare reports or budgets.
- Basic knowledge of all applicable state and federal OSHA and other related laws and regulations concerning operators and maintenance, inspection, and operation of equipment
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid Drivers license
You must also be
- Able to lift to 60 pounds at times.
- Able to sit for prolonged periods sitting at a desk working on a computer.
Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation in accordance with our policy and any applicable law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a veteran or any other applicable federal or territorial protected class.